Question. Persuade. Refer.
Want to get more educated on the facts of suicide and the warning signs of someone who may be thinking about suicide? Then this class is for you! A QPR training will help you understand the issues of suicide on a local, state and national level. Trainees would also learn the warning signs of suicide, how to approach and ask some one if they are thinking about suicide, and how to get them help through the appropriate referrals.
**Trainings are Free of Charge**
If you or your agency are interested in participating in a QPR Training please contact Steve Ward by phone: (260) 356-9681 OR email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In 2011, 94 youth died by suicide in Indiana
- That is approximately 1 death every 4 day
- Across the nation, a youth dies every 90 mins by suicide and a suicidal attempt is made every 18 mins
is the 2nd leading cause of death in students ages 14-18
- About 80-90%
of those thinking about suicide will give off warning signs
- Change in sleep and/or eating
- Giving away prized possessions
- Uncontrollable emotions
- Change in behavior
- Untreated mental illness
- Verbal threats, "I can't go on", "You would be better off without me"
you or someone you know at risk of suicide?
the facts; take appropriate action!
The National Suicide Prevention Hotline